Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Snow Bird

Around here a "snow bird" usually means a retiree who heads to Florida for the winter! But this is a picture of another kind of snow bird...a junco. They are such a pretty little bird with a bright white tummy and the rest a dark charcoal grey. This could almost be a black & white picture again. I was so hoping for a cardinal but now that I see this I do like it. Hope everyone is having a love-filled Valentine's Day! For those of you alone today, here's a big (((hug))) from me!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy watching the juncos in the winter. They look like they are wearing little tuxedos. And when they leave, I'm reminded it's time for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have lots of juncos in the winter. They certainly are sweet little birds that seem to enjoy the snow!

    ReplyDelete