Sunday, February 5, 2012

Special Sunday

Hungry Birds

This picture was taken a week ago. Last Sunday we had an amazing snow storm! The snow came down like crazy all morning. Usually I would stay off the roads when it gets that snowy but this time I HAD to drive in it. We were on our way home from Emergency at about 11:30 AM and the driving conditions were the worst I have driven in in 20+ years! The evening before, my husband took a bad fall in his pole building while checking the woodstove. He landed on his back on the corner of a large tool box and broke a couple ribs. We had to wait until morning to go to Emergency because he wanted to be sure he was really hurt. Is that a guy thing or what? No disrespect intended! But, good grief...he could hardly move!
Anyway we made it home with a huge sigh of relief and I spent the afternoon enjoying the snowfall and watching the birds go crazy at our bird feeders. There were so many birds coming and going it looked like a busy airport! Some of the birds had to be in a "holding pattern" and sit on branches out a little ways waiting their turn. And if you can see them, you'll notice there are only female cardinals...no males (red)...because the males were absolute gentlemen and waited until later in the afternoon to come. There were also yellow finches, juncos, chickadees, and a woodpecker...a "Hairy", I think.
I love to watch the snow falling in our woods behind our house. When its a really heavy snowfall I ALWAYS think of the Robert Frost poem (one of my favorites!) "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening".
Today was a normal, nice, quiet Sunday...church, dinner and relaxing. And my husband is feeling better but the healing process is going to be a long one...6 weeks + if he doesn't over-do. Over-do? Whatever do you mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment